Hospice of Homer is seeking a full time Executive Director. Salary DOE. To apply send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31.
The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors for the overall management of all aspects of Hospice of Homer (Hospice) consistent with the mission, goals, objectives and policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Financial Management
- Oversee budget development and present an annual draft budget to the board reflecting program priorities.
- Manage Hospice finances in compliance with the approved budget, maintain clear records of financial activity, and provide board with accurate financial status reports each month.
Provide accurate financial status reports to the board each month.
- Fundraising Management
- Plan, organize, and carry out fundraising activities including events, grant writing, membership drives, direct mail fundraisers, and other fundraising as directed by the board.
- Oversee the Hospice donor database and provide donor reports to the board as requested.
- Program Team Leadership
- Provide leadership and build teamwork through inclusive supervision of Hospice programs, office staff and volunteers.
- Identify, procure, and maintain appropriate equipment and supplies to ensure efficient running of office and programs.
- Work with Service Coordinator to organize and facilitate volunteer training and opportunities.
- Create, review, and update operational policies, procedures, and forms that support and track Hospice functions.
- Public Relations
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with related community agencies.
- Oversee timely and accurate public outreach through various print and electronic media.
- Provide community education about the Hospice mission and programs through various media and public forums.
- Represent Hospice in its relationships with other organizations and groups on the local, regional, and state level.
- Board Support
- Prepare and distribute board packets for the monthly board meetings, including materials related to finances, fundraising, and program activities.
- Participate with the Board to develop and update strategic plan for short and long-term goals based on Hospice’s vision and mission.
- Provide counsel to the board regarding needs of the community and the program team to fulfill our mission.
- Minimum of 3 years combined education and/or experience in human services, business management, non-profit management, or related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in business administration, including budgets and financial management.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills, interpersonal communication skills and public relations.
- Demonstrated competence in computer technology related to ED job duties.
- Demonstrated fund-raising knowledge and skills, including grant writing.
- Experience in supervision/management of staff and/or volunteers. Experience with direct client care desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and handle high-pressure and delicate situations.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license and up-to-date automobile liability insurance.
NOTE: Position requires occasional driving to meetings and clients’ homes, sometimes in inclement weather and icy roads. Occasional moving of equipment may also be required.