What would it be like to live in a world where everyone facing illness, death, or grief experienced the best that humanity could offer?
Medical Equipment & Loan Services
Hospice of Homer loans durable medical equipment free of charge. The borrower is asked to sign an equipment check out loan form and to properly clean the equipment before returning it to Hospice of Homer. An appropriate solution for cleaning is bleach in water (1 part bleach to 10 parts water).
Although the number and variety of equipment is in a constant state of flux, people are asked to call Hospice of Homer before they come to the office to see if the piece of equipment they want to borrow is available.
Below is a list of the types of equipment available:
- Hospital beds and related apparatus (bed rails, trays, trapezes)
- Circulating air mattresses and pumps
- Wheel chairs/electric and manual
- Wheel chair and Roho cushions
- Variety of walker styles
- Polar-care kits
- Variety of exercise apparatus
- Variety of braces and slings
- Hoyer lifts and transfer equipment
- Variety of bed cushions and sheep-skins
- Washable bed pads and hospital gowns
- Toilet risers and frames
- Bed pans/urinals
- Portable shampoo bowls
- Variety of incontinence supplies
- Variety of shower benches
- Oxygen concentrators
- Lift recliner chairs/lift seats/pivot discs
- Grab bars, tub bars
- IV poles
- Baby monitors and bed alarms
If you are in need of our services or have questions, please contact us or fill out the Equipment Request Form.